- An initiative of JHU-IVAC
- Founded in 2011 to mobilize female politicians and wives of influential political personalities to help increase uptake of immunization in Nigeria.
- Planned a workshop for wives of governors on immunization; could not hold for various reasons.
- In March 2015, Dr Wonodi convened a meeting of women-led initiatives; the outcome was a resolution that WAVA become a coalition of women organizations to lead advocacy for enhanced access to immunization.
- In November 2015, IVAC secured a two year grant to support advocacy activities including support to WAVA.
- In February 2016 – WAVA sponsored two members to Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, to participate in the first ever Ministerial Conference on Immunization in Africa.
- In April 2016, WAVA marked AVW and led social media advocacy for SIF in partnership with The Wife of Kebbi State Governor, Dr. Zainab Bagudu.
- Accountability and stewardship
- Leadership and humility
- Fairness and equity
- Partnership and excellence