Global Health Innovation and Logistics Nigeria Limited (GHIL) is seeking an experienced candidate to lead the development and implementation of the Universal Baby Box Project in Nigeria. The Program Manager will provide technical, complex program design, operational and project management oversight and leadership for the Universal Baby Box Pilot Study in Nigeria, and potential scale-up in the future.
Global Health Innovation and Logistics Nigeria Limited (GHIL) is a social enterprise with head office in Abuja. GHIL aims to deploy public health products and services in order to improve health of women, children and adults in Nigeria and around the world. The organisation was formed in May 2017 and its inaugural project is the Universal Baby Box.
The Universal Baby Box (UBB) is a multi-component intervention that aims to empower families to provide better care for their newborns. It is a novel intervention that aims to reduce infant mortality in resource poor communities. UBB has three broad objectives: (i) utilization of a conditional incentive to motivate ANC attendance in order to improve facility-based delivery (ii) improve evidence-based newborn care practices (iii) a platform to introduce essential medicines, vaccines and improved healthy behaviors for pregnant women and their newborn. The strategy
is to deploy a household package that will be available to women completing ANC and delivery at the facility.
Technical duties include:
• Advising GHIL Executive Director on the design and implementation of the Universal Baby Box Pilot Study in select primary healthcare facilities in Nigeria
• Originating and managing grant proposals related to Universal Baby Box scale up.
• Working with governments, donors, and implementers to develop, implement, and sustain Universal Baby Box Trial and scale up in Nigeria.
• Coordinate, manage, and align GHIL priorities and strengths to those of other actors in health system strengthening.
• Leveraging proven interventions to improve performance of Universal Baby Box (i.e., community mobilisation and sensitization, focus group discussions and maintaining a motivated and adequate trial team to ensure projects objectives are met.
• Good understanding of country level health system reforms, supply chain and private sector engagement in the primary health care space.
Operational duties include:
• Leading strategy development for the Universal Baby Box Pilot Study, implementation and scale up in Nigeria
• Serve as the primary liaison between NPHCDA, MOH, donors, implementing partners and the Seattle-based team comprising the Department of Global Health, University of Washington, Vaccines and Innovation for Global Health.
• Designing and managing GHIL investments and relationships.
• Facilitating learning and technical exchange across in-country and external stakeholders on Universal Baby Box.
• Managing requests from country governments and other partners for information; and serving as a senior member of the GHIL team in its activities with other partners on Integrated Delivery Systems In addition to the above, duties may include:
• Technical writing and contributions to GHIL learning and knowledge exchange on Universal Baby Box contents and primary health care systems
• Representing the GHIL in national and international forums and advancing the GHIL strategy on Universal Baby Box and facility-based delivery improvements.
• Minimum of 2 years of proven experience in public health, program management and accountability in the health system/primary health care and health policy (knowledge of health economics/ financing will be a plus).
• Advanced degree in public health, health economics, public policy or similar disciplines (e.g. MSPH, MHA, MPH, MD)
• Experience in MNCH programs is a plus (e.g Saving Lives At Birth, Grand Challenges, mama kit).
• Knowledge of primary health care programs such as immunization, MNCH, malaria, ITNs, ZINC ORS, HIV/AIDS, PMTCT, contraceptive is a plus
• Experience implementing public health products/initiatives/technologies, essential medicines is required (e.g ITNs, Zinc ORS, malaria programs, HIV/AIDS implementation)
• Experience working in Northern Nigeria is desirable but not essential
Click here to apply and know more about the opportunity.